Saturday, July 01, 2017

Twisted Palace - Book Breakdown

These Royals will ruin you…

From mortal enemies to unexpected allies, two teenagers try to protect everything that matters most.

Ella Harper has met every challenge that life has thrown her way. She’s tough, resilient, and willing to do whatever it takes to defend the people she loves, but the challenge of a long-lost father and a boyfriend whose life is on the line might be too much for even Ella to overcome.

Reed Royal has a quick temper and even faster fists. But his tendency to meet every obstacle with violence has finally caught up with him. If he wants to save himself and the girl he loves, he’ll need to rise above his tortured past and tarnished reputation.

No one believes Ella can survive the Royals. Everyone is sure Reed will destroy them all.
They may be right.

With everything and everyone conspiring to keep them apart, Ella and Reed must find a way to beat the law, save their families, and unravel all the secrets in their Twisted Palace.




Book Breakdown 

I actually like the ending to this series! It's perfect and everything I wanted and then it gave me things that I didn't even know I wanted. The story really gripped in this one. It had me holding my breath at parts hoping everything turned out alright. So much wonderful drama. Lots of pain but also sweet moments. 

I love how the Royal's come together at the end. How they finally started to grow as a family. It was so nice to see as their family was pretty damaged at in the first few books. I loved Reed's and Ella's relationship. It was great. It had it's ups and downs and felt very real. They work so well together. 

Something else I really loved about this book, it didn't skip the sex but it was tasteful and yet still real. I hate when YA books skip the sex completely. Yes, I know teens read these books but do you really think teens aren't having sex? Sure not all of them. I didn't as a teen but some do. One of my best friends was sleeping with her boyfriend at age 15. So it happens. Does that mean it should hardcore? No, but it's okay to show a bit. 

That's just my opinion. I will make a post talking more about sex in YA some other time. If you don't agree, that's cool. To each their own. 

I don't want to spoil this book as it is the last of Ella and Reed's story but I just want to say that I loved it! It's a huge guilty pleasure for me. I now have to go buy them on in paperback.... yeah I read them on my kindle because I wasn't sure about them. That changed! I read them in all in two or three days. So great! 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about sex in YA. Teenagers, though not all of them, are having sex. Not having sex in YA isn't realistic. I haven't started this series, but I see it everywhere! Maybe I'll pick them up when I want some quick guilty pleasure reads. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Your comments make my day!